Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Update: relapse and thank yous!

I'm still in a relapse at the moment, but am finally seeing some progress. I'm feeling less suffocatingly exhausted and am not losing my hearing or sight (a sign I'm close to passing out) when I sit up now, so they're positive signs. I've lost all the weight I had managed to put on, I'm very weak, a bit wobbly on my feet, my sleep is still a bit all over the place, I'm still very tired and my pain levels aren't great, but at least things are moving in the right direction at last. I'm intending to be back at Uni by the end of this week although it will be a week or two before I'm back attending everything.

I haven't done anything to really update anyone on.. I am coping ok emotionally, am at home being looked after by my parents at the moment and am following my doctors advice: manage pain, rest and wait. It's really boring, but I'm so grateful for the messages I've received over the last couple of weeks, they've really helped me through, so thank you so, so much!

The other thing I wanted to say was that whilst relapsing I've passed the milestone of 10,000 pageviews on my blog- amazing! Thank you so much to everyone who reads this, it helps me feel like people care, helps me feel more understood and that I'm helping others feel understood and helps me feel less alone in all this, so thank you. It mostly helps me work through my own feelings about everything and acts as a log of how my illness and symptoms have changed over time, but the fact others read it and get something from it is a bonus :)

The last thing is that my blog now has a shiny new Facebook page that I'm posting new blog posts to as they're posted etc. so head over to Facebook.com/jesscfs if you'd like to keep up with the blog or get in touch, it'd be great to hear from you.

Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 10,000 views! I'm a new follower so I look forward to reading more from you. Relapses are never fun nor easy but I hope you start feeling more 'normal' as soon as possible. Hugs! Hayley-Eszti at www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, I just wanted to say thank you so much for writing your blog. I have M.E/CFS too and am also studying at university, and reading your blog last year really helped me - it's great knowing I'm not alone! I've been inspired to set up my own blog (http://katharineandme.blogspot.co.uk) and look forward to following you on blogger. I really hope your relapse is a short one and that you start to feel much better soon :) Katharine xx

    ReplyDelete